TTV - Dawn of a New Era - Bhadrudu


ఒక నూతన యుగావిష్కరణ కోసం

వాడ్రేవు చిన్నవీరభద్రుడు




 
For the Dawn of a New Era
Vadrevu Chinnaveerabhadrudu

Today, I must blast myself with dynamite.
The rocky blockades of my heart won't move otherwise.

I must dig into myself, and draw from deep within
For just one drop of water, for just one kind word.

Unless it endures much agony,
Under the oppressive cyclones, and upon the flames of wildfires,
This branch of life won't give birth to even a tender shoot.

I must wage a great battle against myself to elicit even a smile.
So that a bud may blossom, I must shed blood and tears.

My human world must endure the crushing pressure and 
The scorching flames of unbearable suffering.
Until then, a little pearl of compassion won't twinkle in the corner of a prophet's eye.
A poem won't shine forth.

The curtain won't rise on the dawn of a new era.
 ***

Vadrevu Chinnaveerabhadrudu is a critically acclaimed poet, story writer and critic.
Hope you liked it. Comments welcome.

Comments

ramesh said…
వాడ్రేవు గారి కవిత, మీ కవితానువాదం, రెండూ చాలా చాలా బాగున్నాయండి.

I have a doubt:
Shouldn't be "Until then" in place of "Only then". If you like "Only then" better then shouldn't they be "will twinkle" and "will shine forth"?
Kottapali said…
Ramesh - you are right. Made the correction.
కవిత చాల బాగుంది, అదే విధంగా మీరు చదివిన తీరు కుడా...! ఈ సిరీస్ మొదలుపెట్టినందుకు కృతఙ్ఞతలు, చక్కటి కొన్ని కవితలను తెలుసుకోగాలుగుతున్నాము.
కవిత చాలా బాగుంది. మీ గొంతులో మరీ బాగుంది! కవితల పాఠం పెట్టకుండా మంచిపని చేసారు. కవిత చదవకుండా వినడం మాత్రమే, ఒక కొత్త అనుభూతి.